I spent the better part of the day with my knitting, but not actually knitting.
Started out by sorting my yarn cubby. I do this periodically, but today, I feel I made an organizational dent. Right side from top to bottom: lace weight and light fingering; sportweight; sock yarn and other fingering. Left side from top to bottom: worsted weight; dk weight; worsted and assorted heavier weights. The yarn that was on piling up on top of the cubby was moved to a cubbyhole, or if there was too much of it, placed atop my cedar chest where project-sized quantities are stored.
In the cubby process, I removed singletons that were already wound and made this basket. (I re-wound or re-balled, if necessary.) However, in order to use the basket, I needed to remove small knitting bags.
That led me to the larger knitting bags of which there were quite a few that I needed to get rid of — I have a serious bag problem. With those larger bags there were UFOs, some dating back to 2009. In going through those, I went here, where there were still more UFOs.
I sorted through those and decided which of them I still truly had a stake in. Got rid of lots of bags, frogged some UFOs and then re-wound that yarn.
I then bagged up the like yarns on top of my cedar chest and made a place for swatches for my current WIPs.
I am now sitting here with coffee and my knitting, content that I accomplished a knitting-related task, even if there was no knitting involved.
The next step is to get my work area more efficiently set up, but that means buying/getting rid of furniture, so it will have to wait.